Thursday, 17 October 2013

Viking hat is finished.

Finally the viking hat is finished only the horns left to sew on and im all done im actually pretty pleased with how its gone as i did make the hat from the crown down with no pattern and only needed to rip back once.
The band at the bottom i think really sets the hat apart making it look like a metal Viking hat.
As well as the horns i forgot that i had to make a beard as well which in gona have to start but i am cautious about how big to make it.

With the hat finally finished i did have some problems with the horns and in the end did need to get some help of ravlery to help with the decreases for the top of the horn as mine were coming out very strange shaped .
I did put a small amount of wore in the horn to hep it hold up and keep the shape as with only wadding the horns have a tendency to flop and flap around which i did not want.
As many of you know i do not usually like a novelty knit and myself hate dress up but this was quite interesting but only for the technical issues i faces while knitting the hat , beard and, horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment